Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am a Christ follower


What that means to you may have a different definition than what I hold to.
So here’s my deal, where I’m coming from, and my understanding.

My SIN is FORGIVEN!

I hold to the premise that I am human, weak, simple and a sinner.
I have sinned and am under the influence of the “sin of mankind.”
I believe that God created the penalty for sin (death) as He created the world. Everything rusts, corrodes, decays, dies as a result, and Adam & Eve stepped into the time/sin penalty (for all the rest of us humans) of their own volition.

I am convinced that we were made by God to live forever, sinless, unaffected by corruption or decay, but now we’re locked into time, and then we undergo the decay of death.

I am simplistically holding on to the belief that God provided the “out” for sin through His Son Jesus.

Jesus is who I hold up as the one who not only died on the Roman cross, but rose up from the dead after three days. He appeared to over 500 people after he was resurrected. This after all these things were written about hundreds of years before. Even the great Nostradamus couldn’t match that record.

You can degrade me as an idiot for believing all the stuff in the entire Holy Bible and that will hurt my feelings but when it is all said and done…

My SINS are FORGIVEN!
My SIN is FORGIVEN!

The Bible says I am reconciled to God and everything that is right and pure and good and reputable.
The Bible says I am free from the penalty of the wages of sin (Death) and can live my life as an act of acceptable worship of God by loving Him, loving His Word and loving my neighbor.

Pretty simplistic isn’t it?

Pretty stupid isn’t it?

Pretty irrational isn’t it?

Did I mention that…
My SINS are FORGIVEN!

Do ya know what else?
My SIN is FORGIVEN! FORGIVEN! FORGIVEN! FOR-GIVEN!

HooRah!

Dude! Praise the name of the Most High God!

No comments:

Post a Comment