Saturday, February 7, 2009

Set in the Door

Once upon a time I was Air Assualt. That's ARMY talk for knuckleheads that jump out of helicopters on a rope. Many times with full pack, weapon, and, you know... stuff.
The goal was...
Never mind that, the point is: When we were almost ready to jump, we heard the command "Set in the Door!"
Well son, this is that point. I'm new to blogging and this is my first post.
I find I'm almost as nervous as the one time I jumped, and everything was fine until I ran out of rope.
Yeah, the bird was too high, but I landed on my feet, and looked up to see the bight (end of the rope) dancing joyfully about 10 feet above me.
So the great God of heaven gave me another day to praise His Holy Name, and here I will write about Him, as well as other things relevant.
-Wo

No comments:

Post a Comment